Trailers serve many purposes every day. From carrying goods and materials to campers a trailer has become an integral part of many people’s lives. Trailers come in all shapes and sizes and can be used for a myriad of purposes. Therefore, it’s important to have the best aesthetics for them as well. You can paint your trailers, put tattoos on them, or better yet change the rims.
Painting a trailer isn’t only useful for aesthetics but also durability. There are many paints out there so how do you choose which one is best for you? In this article, we’ll try to help you figure out exactly that.
- 1 Top 6 best trailer paint
- 1.1 1. Krylon 1962 Farm & Implement Brush, High Gloss
- 1.2 2. POR-15 45904 Top Coat Chassis Black Paint
- 1.3 3. Valspar 4432-14 Gloss White Tractor and Implement Paint
- 1.4 4. TotalBoat-511795 Aluminum Boat Paint
- 1.5 5. RTG Deck, Porch, & Patio Anti-Slip Paint
- 1.6 6. RUST-OLEUM 7466402 Gallon International Red Bright Enamel Paint
- 2 Conclusion
Top 6 best trailer paint
Here we have 6 trailer paints that we’ve handpicked upon judging their finish, lasting time, drying time and many other factors.
1. Krylon 1962 Farm & Implement Brush, High Gloss
The krylon 1962 farm and implement brush is not difficult to apply and ensures your wood and metal parts are free from erosion and rust. You can likewise utilize it to cover scratch marks and different scraped spots to carry back the looks with its shine.
It takes 1-3 hours before you can touch it after that the curing time is 56 hours. You’ll need somewhere between 4-6 coats to achieve the perfect finish. It’s one of the best brands for trailer paints and the best part about it is that you can use it for other things too. It can be used for children’s toys, old tables, and chairs. The unrivaled adhesive power of the paint makes for a smooth application as well as a top-notch finish.
- Corrosion-resistant formula will ensure there’s no rust.
- End results will always satisfy you due to a high gloss finish.
- Very short drying and curing period
- Very versatile paint that can be used on various surfaces.
2. POR-15 45904 Top Coat Chassis Black Paint
The POR-15 45904 top coat chassis black trailer paint can be applied directly to metal surfaces. There’s no reason to apply a primer or undercoat. It’s good for surfaces and substrates that are weaker against rust and rot. Apply without any problem, even on surfaces that were recently painted.
The application is easier and smoother if you clean the surface before the application. If you’re applying it on a previously painted trailer, dust it with a little sand for a better outcome. Try not to shake the paint however, give it a delicate mix during use.
For the best result, you can apply two thin coatings of the protective paint and later paint it thoroughly for permanency. Each protective coating will take half an hour to dry but from the second coating waiting for 2 hours to 72 hours yield the best result.
The adhesive property of this paint is advantageous, particularly when you put it over a protective coating.
- No need for primer or undercoat
- Strong moisture resistance property which will shield your trailer from rusts.
- UV-resistant formula to give your trailer the sun protection it requires!
3. Valspar 4432-14 Gloss White Tractor and Implement Paint
For a glossy finish that lasts a long time, you can try the Valspar 4432-14 gloss paint. For your trailers, you’ll need good quality paint that produces a clean, crisp finishing with a cohesive look. This paint does all that and for extra it’ll keep the rusts and erosions at bay.
Valspar stays in place for a long time and is anti-fading so your vehicle will look smoother and new. It’s moisture and water-resistant so fear not to take your trailer into wet areas anymore. The paint itself has a smaller drying time too. Half an hour is all you need in between the coatings. It’s sometimes regarded as thicker than its other counterparts but you can always use a thinner to have a desirable viscosity. Use a thinner or mineral spirit and you will be fine.
If you just use a hardener with this, you’ll get a durable finish always. It’s suitable for different surfaces and adheres well. With a primer and two coatings of this paint, you’ll get the best result imaginable.
- A smoother finish and virtually no drippings.
- Prevents rust and abrasion
- Heavy-duty performance for all trailer parts
4. TotalBoat-511795 Aluminum Boat Paint
With an excellent oil-based formula, the totalboat-511795 aluminum boat paint resists any form of corrosion or rust. You can use this paint not only for the trailer but also for indoors and outdoors. If you’re seeking better shining use a glossy formula from the same company. The company offers a multitude of color options that you can choose from.
You’ve to wait for 2 to 4 hours in between each coat. Use a high-quality primer to obtain better results. Always sand the surface before putting the primer. At least use two coatings of paint in your trailer for a better outcome.
It’s available in a variety of colors and variants including gloss, semi-gloss, and ad matte.
- Weather and moisture resistance formula, ensures you can start painting anytime you want
- Anti-rust and anti-corrosion formula ensure your trailer stays nice and glossy
- 32 ounce can cover up to 90 square feet, so you won’t need a lot of paint for your trailer.
5. RTG Deck, Porch, & Patio Anti-Slip Paint
After many oil-based paints, we have a water based one. The RTG anti slip paint is a water-based paint that is easy to remove. You can easily remove it with simple alcohol solutions. RTG paints are suitable not only for trailers but also for other indoor and outdoor surfaces. It’s also anti-slip. The anti-slip formula will keep your surfaces shiny for longer periods. Even in a wet atmosphere, it’ll remain shinier.
It’s incredibly easy to apply. Take a paintbrush and apply 3 coatings, that’s it. It has a non-abrasive property that means your pets, children and elderly persons in the house will remain safe as the paint has a special traction additive. It’s environmentally responsible and non-toxic, use it without any guilt and enjoy a well-painted trailer.
- 1 quart covers 90 feet meaning you won’t need tons of paint.
- UV-resistant, that means it’ll remain sturdy even in midday
- Anti-slip formula to ensure your trailer looks shiny and nice for a very long time.
6. RUST-OLEUM 7466402 Gallon International Red Bright Enamel Paint
The Rust Oleum enamel paint is suitable for withstanding heavy-duty loads and bad weather conditions. You can paint your trailer with this oil-based formula for a shinier and brighter finish. It’s also anti-rust and anti-corrosion and easier to apply. The paint itself has an excellent color retention ability.
If you live in a swampy area with water everywhere, this might be your best choice. The bright red color of the paint works as a beautiful contrast. The paint doesn’t usually require a thinner but you’ve to put multiple layers of coating to get the best outcome. Wait for 2 hours minimum between each coating. You’ll need an average of 3-6 coating before you call off the day. It offers excellent coverage that means a small quantity can cover a large surface area.
- Anti-rust quality with UV-resistance
- Excellent coverage with the bright red formula
- Moisture resistant formula makes it extremely suitable for all seasons.
As you can see, there are many options for trailer paint. The best trailer paint is subjective and there’s no consensus upon it. But if you use any product from above you can be sure about the qualities. There are multitudes of other paints in the market but you’ve to be careful about them since many do not deliver as they promise. The products we have mentioned are certified by relevant authorities. Apart from that, you can find millions of reviews about them on the internet. So, they’re safer to spend your money on.